1. Sage Herbal Tea for Sore Throat
Sage contains antiseptic and antibacterial qualities. This herb has a long history of use for coughs, sore throats and mouth inflammations. You can use fresh or dried sage for aromatic tea, which can be soothing for sore throat.
2 Tablespoons Fresh sage or 1 Tablespoon Dried sage leaves
1. Pour 1 cup of almost-boiling water over 2 tablespoons of fresh or 1 tablespoon of dried sage leaves.
2. Cover and steep for at least 10-15 minutes.
4. Add honey or lemon, if desired.
Sage tea is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation. This tea may also be used as a throat gargle.
2. Echinacea Spray for Sore Throat
Echinacea is often use for sore throat. This throat spray can fight the infection while providing a soothing and numbing sensation.
2 Tablespoons Echinacea tincture
2 Tablespoons Raw honey
2 drops Essential oil (eucalyptus, peppermint or tea tree oil)
1 Tablespoon Warm water
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Pour into a small spray bottle.
3. Store the bottle in the refrigerator. This can be keep for a couple months.
Shake before spraying and use as needed.